Welcome to One Brush Beauty

OBB Where all are welcome, i write reviews, answer questions, give tips and advice on how to use the makeup that you have. OBB is really about easy yet beautiful make up, making you feel your best, and what products are out there to help you do that.

TTFN
C x

Tuesday 11 June 2013

Nars Orgasm and Nars Albatross Review

Hii Guys!

So I posted a haul in May where I bought a few (a lot) products - 2 of which were face products from Nars.

The first of which was the powder blush Orgasm - probably Nars' most famous product - said to be used by many celebrities and suit any skin tone, this is one sought after product. I have resisted buying this for years as it is pricey (£21.50) and I was happy plodding along with my Mac blush that I have been using for years.
In the Pan 
Natural Light
Under Flash 

But as summer came around (or didnt here in the UK) I wanted something a bit more 'glowy' and peachy to go with summer skin.
Orgasm blush is a pink peach fine powder blush with gold irridescent shimmer, it does not have large chunk glitter - unlike Nars' Super Orgasm - so there is no glitter or shimmer fallout on to the rest of your face - which I would say is pretty important.

Because of this it creates a lovely glow to the skin.
I have been using this since I purchased it and I must say I do really like it - maybe not worth ALL the hype it gets: but as far as colour payoff and finish goes it is a lovely product. It also has a great staying power for both the blush colour and the shimmer finish. I think less is definately more with Orgasm as too much and you may end up looking like a glitterball.
I like to bring this product up slightly on to my temples as it helps to create that summer skin look. I am also fairly pale and this colour does suit me perfectly - so as far as its colour diversity goes I would say it can suit most skin tones.

The second product I purchased was the highlighting blush in Albatross - a little bit confusing calling it a highlighting blush - there is no way on earth that this could be used as a blush - but as a highlighter it is fantastic. This is also one of Nars most famous products, again supposedly used by A-listers. And I must say this product is worth the hype.

In the Pan 
Natural Light
Under Flash

It is a beautiful gold sheen highlighter, not glittery or even shimmery just perfect. Despite being less well known (but just as pricey as Orgasm: again £21.50) this has to be one of Nars best products and for me out shines Orgasm by a mile.

The perfect colour for summer skin - its white transparent base means that it is will suit any skin colour as it is not ashy nor orange - the finish is amazing and because of the powder formulation, again fine blend, it sits perfectly on any base and lasts all day. I am in LOVE with this product and I use it as often as I can, even days where I dont want to wear makeup I like to sweep this on my brow bone for a bit of natural 'glow'.

A wonderful highlighter that really makes your look complete - great on the cheek bones, brow bones and decolletage.

So there are my thoughts on these two 'cult' products.

What are your experiences of cult products - do they always live up to their reputation - are they worth the money?

C
X

2 comments:

  1. Oooh Albatross looks beautiful - I'm on the look out for a new highlighter and am torn between this and MAC's Soft and Gentle!

    Holly Mixtures
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing! And I think it depends what you're after S&G is definitely m,ore bronzy toned but this is more gold. I prefer the blend of Nars' powder as its so fine it blends in beautifully. Let me know what you choose :)
      xx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! Your comments mean so much to me and I will endeavour to reply to all of them, so please check back if you do leave one! xx